Monday, March 10, 2014

Printer's Tray Shelf

Make a Shelf Out of a Printer's Tray via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
Once again, my living room changes have brought about another project! Today I'm sharing a new shelf I made from a vintage Printer's Tray.

After moving my Entertainment Center to the other side of the room, I had a big empty wall above my television. Nothing was there before because it's where my floor lamp sat previously. But it definitely needed something after things got moved around. So this little shelf was born!
Spring Decor on a DIY Printer's Tray Shelf via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
I happened upon this printer's tray at a local antique store over a week ago. It had a few broken dividers so the price was much less than it normally would have been for one of these. I grabbed it, thinking it looked like just about the right size for something over my tv. 
Printer's Tray Shelf Getting Ready for Spring via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
It was very easy to turn this gorgeous find into a shelf.
Stained Board and Vintage Printer's Tray Shelf via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
I bought a 6" board at Home depot and also picked up a couple of simple wooden corbels. After cutting the board to the correct length, I began by staining the three new pieces of wood with Minwax Jacobean. Next, I attached the corbels to the side of the printer's tray, flush with the top and back of the tray, with 2 screws. 
MInwax Jacobean Stain Was Used on the New Board and Corbels to Make a Printere's Tray Shelf via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
Next, I measured and centered my 6" board over the tray and corbels. Then I attached the board to the corbels and added a few screws to attach the board and the tray together in the middle of the shelf as well.
Printer's Tray, Board and Corbels Make an Easy Shelf DIY via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
The corbels already had hanger holes in them so I was done! I hung my new shelf up on the wall and started decorating! I added a chalkboard easel I'd made, a glass bottle, a glass insulator and one of my favorite vintage spools. Then I added a ball jar with some burlap in it to display the toilet paper tube flowers the kids had made for me last Mother's Day. They like being crafty, too! :)
Printer's Tray Shelf DIY via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
On the printer's tray, I placed some laser cut letters I'd picked up at Michaels and I clipped a pretty little bird onto one of the dividers.
Spring Bird on a Printer's Tray Shelf via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
I've added a few more pictures to the living room, too. My new shelf is now decked out with a Polaroid Banner that I shared with you last week.
Printer's Tray Shelf and Polaroid Banner via http://deniseonawhim.blogspot.com
We're still waiting for Spring in Michigan. But a little birdie told me it might actually be getting closer!

Let's keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!
post signature
Sharing at these great blog parties...
That DIY Party at DIY ShowoffSundays at Home with Thoughts From AliceLink It or Lump It Sunday at Soho SonnetGive Me the Goods Party at Rain on a Tin RoofMonday Funday at Creatively LivingInspiration Monday at twelveOeightThe Scoop at Cedar Hill RanchProject Inspired{d}at Cupcakes and CrinolineTweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little HouseThe Power of Paint Party at Domestically SpeakingFluster's Creative Muster Party at Fluster BusterNifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal CharmBrag About It Tuesday at BebetsyKnick of Time Tuesday at Knick of Time InteriorsWhimsy Wednesday at Smart School HouseUnder $100 Linky Party at Beyond the Picket FenceWow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern StyleFrom Dream to Reality at The DIY DreamerWork It Wednesday at The Blissful BeeHome and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome LifeCatch As Catch Can at My Repurposed LifeFurniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard SeedInspire Me Please Link Party at Liz Marie BlogFrugal Friday at The Shabby NestFeathered Nest Friday at French Country CottageWhat Have You Redone at Redoux InteriorsThrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty GrooveSimple and Sweet Fridays at Rooted inThymeBe Inspired at Common GroundFabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer RizzoShow and Tell Friday at Romantic HomeJunkin' Joe Vintage and Thrifty Finds at The Cottage MarketLink Party Palooza at Tatertots and JelloTickled Pink at 504 MainBest of the Weekend at A Little ClaireificationSaturday Show and Tell at Cheerios and LattesSaturday Nite Special at Funky Junk InteriorsA Bouquet of Talent Party at Life on Lakeshore DriveDIY Showcase Party at Minette's MazeShare It One More Time at One More Time Events

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover