Monday, October 20, 2014

Burlap Table Makeover

Burlap End Table Makeover from Denise on a Whim
As a general rule, I'm not a fan of glass table tops.
But, add a little burlap into the mix, and I can become a fan of anything!

I started by painting this table with American Paint Company's Home Plate.
Burlap End Table Makeover Painted with American Paint Company Homeplate from Denise on a Whim
I used Annie Sloan in Coco for the drawer front.
And American Paint Company's Surfboard for inside of the drawer.
Burlap End Table Makeover Painted with Coco and Surfboard from Denise on a Whim
On top of the white (Homeplate),
I added a light coat of Rushmore form American Paint Company.
It's got just a hint of tan in it and it's one of my favorite neutral colors!
Burlap End Table Makeover painted with Rushmore from Denise on a Whim
I had originally planned on making a new top for the table out of a board covered with burlap.
I even had the board cut and covered.
Glass Topped End Table Makeover with Burlap from Denise on a Whim
But then it occurred to me that the table would be very hard to clean with an exposed burlap top.
Burlap Under a Glass Table Top | A Makeover from Denise on a Whim
So I decided to go a slightly different route with the burlap.
Burlap Under a Glass Table Top | A Makeover from Denise on a Whim
I cut a piece of burlap coffee sack roughly down to size,
 choosing the area with the lettering on it to add a little more character to the table.
I stapled and glued the burlap to the underside of the table top,
trimming after the glue was fully dry.
Lettered Burlap Coffee Sack on a Table Makeover frorm Denise on a Whim
Then I added the glass back on top of the burlap.
Now it's pretty and easy to clean!
Burlap Table Makeover from Denise on a Whim

Let's keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover