Thursday, August 21, 2014

Cutting Board Kitchen Signs

Garage Sale Cutting Boards Find New Life as Kitchen Signs via Denise on a Whim.
Sometimes you luck into the perfect things at a garage sale. Like these two cutting boards I picked up last weekend. I had nothing fancy in mind. I simply knew they would make fantastic kitchen signs!
As you can see, they're just two beat-up cutting boards. Well worn. But fabulous nonetheless.
Cutting Board Signs from Denise on a Whim

The small board, as it was a lighter wood, got black lettering.
Upcycled Cutting Board Signs from Denise on a Whim

Upcycled Cutting Board Signs from Denise on a Whim
Then I ran some fine sandpaper over it to give it some vintage-appeal.
Cutting Board Sign with Distressed Chalk Paint Lettering from Denise on a Whim

The larger cutting board got white lettering.
Eat, Drink and Be Merry Cutting Board Sign from Denise on a Whim
I made sure to only give it a very light coat of paint so all of the knife grooves would show through.
Shabby Cutting Board Kitchen Sign from Denise on a Whim
They obviously got used quite a bit as cutting boards.
Now they will have a new use in someone's kitchen!
Old Cutting Board Used to Make a Kitchen Sign from Denise on a Whim

Let's keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover